Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Eat Clean Me

Miss Heather Trabucco and her amazing blog called A Shaped Life recently turned me on to The Eat Clean Diet created by Tosca Reno.  Ben and I have been reading this book (I'm trying for cover to cover) and so far we have learned so much.  I think the trouble I have is I just don't really know how to eat healthy.  Yeah I know I can grab an apple over a candy bar, but I am talking about consistent lifestyle changing eating.  It takes so much planning and I am not a very patient person.

I'm challenging myself to literally change my tastebuds.  I want to get to the point where I no longer crave a Fillet o' Fish (I just saw half of you cringe) but instead want and actually get satisfied by fruits and vegetables.  It's not that I hate veggies (I add mushrooms to my cream sauces all the time!  Haha), I've just never enjoyed the taste of raw veggies.  I really want this to change.

I'm combining this with my free and lovely Iphone/Web App called Lose It!  It is an old faithful for me and I am using it to move on from Weight Watchers.  Weight Watchers is great, for most, but I need something different.  The Lose It app is improved and better than ever! 

I, Libby Marshall, have started putting wheat germ on my cereal.  Who ever thought I would say that.  Go check out this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment