Friday, February 5, 2010

Sometimes you just want to blog!

The weather here in Nashville is depressing. It's wet and gloomy. I miss sunshine, flowers, dresses...ugh, maybe I just need a vacation. The weight loss journey is going well (7 lbs down and hopefully 9 by Monday) but I have to consistently stop myself from going on a crazy ass binge at McDonald's.

What a weekend we have planned. Ben and I have the impressive talent of filling up every last second of every weekend. This is the downfall of obsessive planners, something I am proud to say that we are, albeit a blassing and a curse.

This is a special weekend though because it's Ben's 25th birthday (he's a baby!). I can't even begin to tell you how nice it is to finally have a guy that loves to celebrate his birthday. I love birthdays, probably my favorite thing ever. It's a perfect opporunity to make someone feel special and show them how much you love them. Tonight we are going to dinner at City house with Umphrey's McGee's percussion (gotta love Pearl), heading to their show at the War Memorial, then headed to Hard Rock for Ben's gig, come out if you can. Needless to say I can't wait to get off work.

We will be celebrating tomorrow with black light bowling and birthday cake at the adult Chucky Cheese. Tons of fun! Of course Sunday (the actual b-day) is THE SUPERBOWL!! SAINTS vs. colts. I'll let you guess who it is dat I want to win...(Geaux football!) Bring on the Superbowl parties.

I love my life, I love those around me God has blessed me with, I love the opportunity to recognize it and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment